The web is filled with many international studies which are all highlighting significant benefits for not only the mother but the becoming father and baby.
Many of the research studies available online unite in highlighting the below benefits of having a Doula:
- Increased Natural Births (with no induction, medicated pain relief, augmentation and instrumental deliveries)
- Decreased the need for caesarean sections
- Decreased the need for epidurals
- Decreased the need for inductions
- Vaginal birth after a caesarean section has had a 70% success rate
- Increase in number of successful home births (no transfer)
- Increased number of women breastfed at birth
The 2008 UK Doula Survey found that 88% of women who had a postnatal doula were still breastfeeding at 6 weeks and 67% were still breastfeeding at 6 months (This compares with 21% at six weeks and 7% at three months according to the Infant Feeding Survey of 2005 (Bolling et al 2007).)
If you would like my support during your pregnancy, birth and postpartum please contact me.
If you like to read about my clients experiences please feel free to read the testimonial section of this site.